🧙♂️ Lore AI Issue #21: AI progresses to mind reading
The lines between sci-fi and reality are starting to blur as Artificial Intelligence is everywhere we look.
According to a recent MIT study, people are experiencing a 50% productivity gain due to AI. And this is just the beginning of AI's exponential ascent.
Let's get to it.
In today's issue:
- 💡MOST INNOVATIVE PRODUCT: ChatSpot.ai
- ✨ PROMPT HERO (sponsored)
- 📰 AI NEWS: D-ID gives ChatGPT a voice and face, Nvidia’s big bet on AI is paying off as its core technology powers ChatGPT, Stability AI looks to raise funds at $4B valuation
- 💰WHO GOT FUNDING THIS WEEK: Abound, Indent, Glider AI, Unitary, Daily Blends, Overhaul, SpotDraft, Plus One Robotics, Soci
- 🤯 COOLEST THING: Generative AI progresses to mind reading
- 🧠 LEARN SOMETHING NEW: AI-powered LinkedIn networking
- 📖 FURTHER STUDY: Additional industry links and resources
💡MOST INNOVATIVE PRODUCTTry It
ChatSpot.ai, currently in public alpha, is a new, all-in-one AI-powered tool for growth professionals that transforms the way we work.
It combines OpenAI’s ChatGPT with HubSpot, DALL•E 2, Stable Diffusion, Google Workspace, keyword research, and other data sources.
- Gain instant insights into your business’ health by viewing the sales pipeline, deals closing for the month, and forecasted revenue based on CRM data.
- Write targeted, personal emails that build relationships and earn the trust of your contacts, leads, and customers.
- Schedule a daily digest email for yourself that includes highlights of your team’s progress along with key metrics, such as leads created versus your daily goal.
- Generate blog and social posts with compelling images using a variety of visual styles and instantly add them to your Hubspot CMS.
AI image generation course (sponsored)Sign up
Do you ever see amazing AI-generated images and wonder, how did they make that?
The folks at PromptHero have made an in-depth course perfect for curious minds that want to get from zero to expert in AI image generation. No previous experience required – they walk you through from scratch, step by step.
D-ID gives ChatGPT a voice and face, Nvidia’s big bet on AI is paying off as its core technology powers ChatGPT, Stability AI looks to raise funds at $4B valuation
D-ID gives ChatGPT a voice and face
Nvidia’s big bet on AI is paying off as its core technology powers ChatGPT
Stability AI looks to raise funds at $4B valuation
In other news
- Chatbot Character.ai valued at $1bn in Andreessen-led funding round — read article
- Sceptical investors worry whether advances in AI will make money — read article
Who got funding this week
- Abound raised $601M to supercharge its AI-based consumer lending platform.
- Indent raised $8.1M for its AI-powered customer video review tool.
- Glider AI raised $10M to help enterprises shift to skills-based hiring and guarantee candidate fit.
- Unitary raised $8M to automate content moderation.
- Daily Blends raised $2M for AI-powered fresh food vending machines.
- Overhaul raised $73M to help secure physical supply chains with AI.
- SpotDraft raised $26M for AI-powered legal software.
- Plus One Robotics raised $50M for advanced AI vision software and solutions for robotic parcel handling.
- Soci raised $120M to boost AI for digital marketing.
Further reading on funding for AI startups
- Cohere among first investments from Salesforce's new $250M AI fund — read article
- Inflection seeks up to $675mn as funding for AI groups heats up — read article
🤯 COOLEST THING
Generative AI progresses to mind reading
It's now possible to reconstruct visual images from MRI scan data using stable diffusion 🤯
Read paper: High-resolution image reconstruction with latent diffusion models from human brain activity
What else we found this week
What people are saying about ChatGPT's API
Nvidia's New AI is 30X faster than Stable Diffusion
Word-As-Image for Semantic Typography
Redesign your room in seconds with roomGPT.io
It feels like many text-to-image platforms are merging into one common style
🧠LEARN SOMETHING NEW
AI-powered LinkedIn networking
🥋 Prompt Tip of the Week: How to use ChatGPT to generate better Midjourney prompts 👇
People are using AI for their LinkedIn networking
One such platform is NetworkAI by Wonsulting, which allows you to connect with industry professionals using their automated AI networking tool.
Another option is GPT for Work, a plugin that works with Google Sheets and Google Docs.
You can use it to:
- Clean lists
- Generate tags, ad copy, taglines, titles, descriptions, outlines, blog posts and emails
- Recap a meeting and summarize notes
- Rephrase in perfect English
Not everybody is happy about AI being used in this way and it has generated some controversy.
Further Study 📖
- Can artificial intelligence ever be sentient? — watch video
- The AI revolution is coming for your email — read article
- The new world of AI chatbots like ChatGPT — read article
- The generative AI arms race is just starting — read article
- Artificial Intelligence in Retail Market to Hit $85 Billion by 2033 — read article
- Stability AI acquires Init ML amid fundraising rumors — read article
- Brightflow AI and CircleUp Announce Strategic Partnership — read article
Law & Government
- Is the US government ready for the rise of artificial intelligence? — read article
- Experts shed light on applications of artificial intelligence in justice — read article
- Defence Artificial intelligence research network contracts signed in Australia — read article
Investing in AI
- Nvidia will soar 19% as the market's top semiconductor stock because their chips work most seamlessly with AI and they already have a head start, Credit Suisse says — read article
- 3 Artificial Intelligence (AI) Stocks With 54% to 675% Upside, According to Wall Street — read article
- What are artificial intelligence (AI) crypto coins, and how do they work? — read article
AI in Healthcare
- Real AI Will Need Biology: Computers Powered by Human Brain Cells — read article
Researchers used artificial intelligence to detect Alzheimer’s risk with over 90% accuracy and could transform how medicine is practiced — read article
- New WHO Equity Fund Eyes AI-based Technology to Help Stroke Patients — read article
- Artificial intelligence in dentistry — read article
- Artificial Intelligence Proves to be an Effective Tool for Documenting Orthopaedic Encounters in Hand Surgery — read article
- Artificial intelligence for the histological prediction of ulcerative colitis remission — read article
- UK Government funding to accelerate research in AI healthcare technologies — read article
AI in Education
- Artificial intelligence and academic integrity, post-plagiarism — read article
- The Importance of Skills in the Age of Artificial Intelligence — read article
What did you think of today's newsletter? We'd love to hear your honest feedback.
See you next week!
-Nathan Lands & Michele du Toit
If you ❤️ Lore:
- Subscribe & share this newsletter 🥰
- Follow us on Twitter @NathanLands & @michele_dutoit.
- Join our Generative AI communities on Twitter and LinkedIn.